Have you ever found yourself in this situation: after a long day of work, you Uber out for drinks. On your way, you catch a glimpse of yourself in the driver’s mirror. Yikes. You desperately lick your fingers, trying to rearrange your hair while awkwardly ducking every time he checks traffic in that same mirror. Following all attempts: you still look like a disaster. We have some recommended beauty products and essentials to always keep in your purse, so the next time you find yourself in this predicament, you won’t be so stuck.
These four products provide the perfect ‘quick fix’ to any beauty crisis you might find yourself in.
- Lipstick: always, always carry lipstick! It is the easiest makeup essential to apply that will immediately give you a put-together look.
- Powder: hide the shine and appear fresh for the evening; be sure that your powder comes with a mirror, and ideally with a blush, too.
- Concealer: it will work wonders to brighten your eyes and give you a more ‘awake’ look following a long day at work. Application: with your ring finger, dab concealer underneath and in the corners of your eyes.
- Travel-sized Hair Spray: in addition to hair spray, carry a small clip or hair tie and comb to whip your hair into shape. After a long day of work, rearranging your hair and spritzing some hairspray before heading out again is always a good idea.
The goal for all of these beauty products is to look fresh for the evening, within five minutes.
- Perfume or Deodorant: during the Autumn season, the weather is chilly, and we tend to forget to put on deodorant in the morning. Gross. Always be prepared to fix this common mistake by carrying either one of these essentials in your purse!
- Feminine Products: we cannot encourage this enough. Most ladies have had to whisper that awkward question, “Do you have a tampon?” And too often, we get a “No.” Stop being stuck in that situation!
- Tissues: heading into cooler weather, this is a necessity. You never know when a cold may sneak up on you, and you need to be prepared.
- Miscellaneous Bag: Ibuprofen, chapstick, hand sanitizer, gum or breath mints, pen, nail clippers, and the essentials listed above.
Carrying these essentials in your purse, you won’t find yourself in the “I need ___” quandary again. Get a cute makeup and essentials pouch! They don’t need to be a big size, and will not take up too much space in your purse.
Hier & Haines Salon, McLean VA, where exceptional quality meets exceptional service!