Your hair makes a statement to the world. When you decide to add some pizzazz to your hairstyle, a color change may be the way to go. Do you hold back because you’re not sure about the color options? Whether you prefer subtle or bold and dramatic, highlights are one popular way to enhance your natural hair color.
If you’re not ready to change your hair color entirely, highlights may be for you. At Hier and Haines salon, we have clients who know they want overall color and others who request highlights. Frequently a client asks us which option is right for them. Both can freshen and add interest to your style. But how do you decide which one to choose? You might even want to do both. What’s right for your hair and individual style? Here are a few things to consider:
Choose overall color if:
- Your hair is extremely short.
- You have more than 30% gray.
- You look better in warm, vibrant colors such as red.
- Your cut is already trendy enough and you don’t want to overdo it.
Choose highlights if:
- You have dark blonde or light brown hair.
- You have a little bit of gray that you would like to blend away.
- You can’t commit to getting your roots touched up faithfully.
- You look great in cool colors such as blues and greens.
- A few chunky highlights would add interest around your face
- You’re not ready to make a big change.
Do both if:
- You have a lot of gray but would still like the effect that only highlights can obtain.
- You want to add red or warmth and still have some chunks of lighter color around the front.
- You are trying to correct or change another hair coloring application before you get highlights.
- If your hair has become too light due to over processing and sun damage or was lightened too much during your last color process.
There are many other reasons why people choose the hair color services that they do, and those reasons can be as varied as the people themselves. So, if you have a color idea, do not be afraid to talk to your stylist about it. Also, do not hesitate to ask for advice if you have no idea what you want but you know you want something. By working together, you and your stylist can find the perfect color combination to give you your best look yet.
Call today to schedule an appointment. You can be confident that your choice of hair color service will add the pizzazz you want.
Hier & Haines Salon, where exceptional quality meets exceptional service!