Can’t seem to find the time to “fuss” over your hairstyle? It seems that each day of spring brings more things to do, leaving less time for hair care. Long or short, there are easy to care for styles that are just right for your hair. Here are some tips from Hier and Haines Salon, McLean VA for relaxed hair styles.
Go Short! It Looks Great on Everyone
When you find yourself juggling too many balls, it’s tempting to ask for a “wash and go” hair cut. It’s true that shorter cuts are easy to manage, but you need the find the RIGHT CUT. Your hair stylist will consider both your hair texture and your face shape before making a recommendation. Of course, you want the just right choice that can put an end to your bad hair days.
- This is the season for pixie cuts. It seems that there is a version of this short hairstyle to flatter every hair type and face shape. Longer bangs can be styled for casual or slick formal look and a shaggy pixie cut gives curly hair a loose natural look. With regular salon trims, the pixie will take you care free through the summer.
- The traditional bob is both easy to care for and versatile when it comes to styling options. Blunt cut or layered, it can be blown-dry straight or air-dried and crunched into natural waves or casual curls. Bangs can be wispy, long, or blunt cut and styled for a particular look. The bob makes your hair look thicker and fuller, making it a great style for thin hair.
If You Love Your Long Hair, Play With It!
Long hair, whether straight or curly, can be both easy AND difficult to maintain. If you want your hair to be styled straight or with controlled no-frizz curls, there is no avoiding the maintenance treatments and products. But for a more casual, easy to care for look, there are options:
- Braid It. There are some stylish and trendy updates to the traditional single plait falling down the middle of the back. Try the upside down braid that ends with a casual knot on the crown of the head, or the fishtail braid with its wispy and loose strands.
- Like braids, pony tails offer a variety of styles for all lengths and textures of hair. The traditional pulled back tail can be mounted low or high, or loosely twisted and knotted at the nape.
- Naturally long and loose styles give a casual look to both wavy and curly textures. Ask your stylist for one of the quick and easy no-cut, no-color salon blow dry options. Layered cuts are great for curly or straight hair and can be air dried for a natural relaxed look.
Hier & Haines Salon, McLean VA, where exceptional quality meets exceptional service!