Family photos, holiday toasts and reunions with dear friends, we all want to look our best! We have provided professional styling advice that will help you look your absolute best this season, no matter the occasion!
What To Wear For 2016 Holidays
In our 2016 Holiday Hairstyles Part 2 we addressed how to coordinate your hairstyle with your outfit; choosing a hairstyle that complements the outfit’s neckline and design is critical. There are few opportunities each year to get ‘glammed up’ so have fun with both the outfit and accessories!
- Knee-high boots with tights and a dress make for a simple but striking statement.
- Velvet and Sequin are in; don’t hold back.
- Dust off the fur coat or vest, and choose a neutral dress with simple gold jewelry to enhance the fur.
- Lace never goes out of fashion; choose a striking neckline that flatters your figure.
- Don an elegant pantsuit, and accentuate with your favorite jewelry pieces.
How Should I Do My Holiday Makeup?
- Moisturize: one of the secrets to vibrant and healthy skin, no matter the age. Keep your skin soft and supple applying daily a layer of moisturizer on your face. Target areas showing fine lines and wrinkles, including underneath your eyes and your neck. The British Journal of Dermatology writes, “People with properly moisturized skin accumulate wrinkles at just a fraction of the rate of those with dry skin.” Add a hydrating primer prior to applying makeup.
- Conceal Lightly: conceal to hide the imperfections or redness, and reduce any shine on your forehead or nose with a translucent matte powder. Avoid heavy foundation and keep it natural.
- Enhance your Eyes: draw attention to your eyes by defining the brows and lash lines. Fill in your brows and intensify your upper lash lines with liner. Apply mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
How To Look Good In Family Photos
- Don’t squarely face the camera. For a slimmer look, turn your body three-quarters of the way toward the camera, planting one foot in front of the other.
- Pull shoulders back, chest forward and gently suck in your stomach.
- Hold arms slightly away from your body.
When in doubt, use your mirror and practice.
Holiday Hairstyle Inspiration
Wear a style that flatters your face shape. Since hair tends to look flatter and duller in pictures, add a little extra volume to those locks. This will also help make your face appear more delicate. See these 2016 Holiday Hairstyle recommendations!
When in doubt, book a holiday appointment preceding your holiday or New Year’s party. Provide a photo of your desired hairstyle, and your stylist will craft the perfect look for you. Arrive at the party relaxed, fresh from the beauty bar.
Look Your Best On Christmas Morning
On Christmas morning, the cameras and iPhones are bound to be out. Take the extra time to brush and spritz your hair, apply concealer and mascara, and put a cozy, but festive blouse.
Have a Wonderful Holiday!
Hier & Haines Salon, McLean VA, where exceptional quality meets exceptional service!