During a beach vacation, there is a common worry, “What should I do with my hair after a day at the beach?” With hair sandy and tangled, rather dense and heavy, most have not discovered a good solution…until now! Read on and find out what to do with your knotted beach locks.
Why Bother With Post-Beach Hair?
Taking the time to style your post-beach hair is important for two reasons: the health of your hair and your image. Ocean’s sea salt strips your hair of natural oils and dries it out, causing your hair to become brittle and lifeless; therefore, your post beach or pool hair routine is critical to your hair’s health.
Following a day at the beach, we all love getting crabs and margaritas on the boardwalk. Having a knot of twisted tangles atop your head, despite your classy top and Tory Burch sandals, will not suit. When your daughter whips out her Snapchat to capture a family photo, you will be glad you took the time to style your locks.
Simple Styles With Perfect Products
Bear in mind these styling secrets:
- Prep your hair before you head to the beach. Stylist Chris Dore recommends, “You should wet your hair and spray it with protectant Unite’s 7 Seconds Leave in Conditioner. This will protect your hair from the elements of chlorine, sea water, and the sun.”
- Post-beach, take a wide tooth comb to your wet hair and proceed to style. Styling it while wet will be easier to work with and will enable your hair to remain intact throughout the evening. (Find out the science behind beach hair!)
- Consider these simple styles: a braid (french, straight back, side, or fishtail) or a low side bun; perhaps a classy ponytail with created volume via pulling the front section of your hair into a clip, and proceeding to style a high ponytail.
- We all love beach waves. Stylist Twee Phan suggests, “Clients should take Unite’s Beach Day Spray on vacation with them. Just spray into damp hair, scrunch, and air dry; you will create easy beach waves. It is perfect for warm, humid summer nights!”
- Don a floppy, summer hat!
- Important tip: do not apply heat to your hair until after you wash out the salt. Avoid curling or straightening if you do not have the luxury of a steamy shower to fully rinse and clean your hair.
Post-Beach Hair At Its Finest
When packing your Beach Essentials, don’t forget to pack your wide tooth comb so that you can style your wet hair with ease! Enjoy a carefree dinner following a beautiful day at the beach, knowing that your hair, albeit sandy, is styled to perfection.
Hier & Haines Salon, McLean VA, where exceptional quality meets exceptional service!