Short hair can provide endless styling options; don’t fall for the ruse that short hair can only be worn one way. Whether you choose a bob or pixie, there are plenty of fun styles to try. Need some fresh inspiration? Read on!
Short Hair For Women
Short hair for women has never been more in than 2017. From pixie to buzzed, hair is worn any which way these days, and dubbed, “fashionable” or “artsy.” If you have been wanting to change things up, take the plunge! Find out which short haircut is right for you by choosing a cut that fits your face shape and lifestyle. Once you have picked the perfect length for you, apply the hair styling tips below.
Short Hair Style Ideas
- Straight & Sleek Spring means two things: it’s time for spring attire, and it’s straightening season! There are three different straightening treatments offered that are unique to your hair and style. Keep your hair manageable this spring, and see which straightening treatment would be best for you!
- Beachy Waves Summer is on its way, and this look – quite the opposite of straight – offers flawless ease. Opt for the “back-in-style” middle part, or a jagged side part, and allow your waves to be a bit messy and natural.
- Top Knot If your hair is naturally wavy, keep the texture by pulling half of your hair into a top knot, or formerly known in the 90s as a “Princess-Hairdo.” This style provides you with the option of wearing the half down hair wavy or straight.
- Layers Incorporate layers into your locks. The difference between a gentle, layered hairstyle vs edgy chopped hairstyle offers you vast variations in your style. Take the time to curl the layers, as seen in the photo, for a soft, beautiful look.
- Top Knot If you are a chick-flick fan and have seen Safe Haven, Julianne Hough wears chin length hair and dons the top knot to perfection. The half-up-half-down look works perfectly with short hair, while the half down hair curls perfectly beneath your chin.
- Casual Bouffant Gathering the top section of your hair into a small clip or bobby pins adds volume, creating a simple, elegant hairstyle. Leave the remaining hair wavy or straight.
- Pompadour Add volume and class to a traditional pixie style. Choose a classic pompadour or opt for a side pompadour as seen in the photo. Select the top section of your hair and add volume by spritzing dry shampoo to the roots.
- Bangs No matter your hair length, bangs will entirely change up your look. Add soft, choppy bangs, especially if you have a long forehead; if your hair is thick, incorporate side-swept bangs for a more dramatic look.
- Accessories Stark makeup coupled with a simple hairstyle speaks loudly. If you have a fantastic pair of earrings, follow the same suit: simple style with a loud statement piece. Whether you opt for long earrings, killer lipstick, or a studded headband, keep the hair style simple so the chosen accessories can shine!
Styling Short Hair
Keep in mind that the right styling tools coupled with the right styling products will make all the difference. Ask your stylist at your next appointment what products and tools would be best for your unique hair texture, and haircut.
Remember, the key to maintaining your short hair style is regular trims. TIP: Schedule your next hair trim at your current appointment to prevent overgrown styles. Everyone’s hair grows at different rates; ask your stylist his recommendations for the frequency of your hair trims.
Hier & Haines Salon in McLean VA, where exceptional quality meets exceptional service!