When new clients come into Hier & Haines Salon, they often ask for a fresh look hairstyle for the summer. Our stylists know that not all haircut styles will work with all face shapes. We want to make sure that your summer haircut highlights your best features.
Some things to consider…
- Though every person’s face is unique, it’s generally accepted that there are seven basic face shapes that roughly correspond to the shapes you learned about in geometry–oval, square, rectangle, round, triangle, and heart.
- If you have an oval-shaped face, consider yourself lucky. You look good in every haircut style! It’s not fair to the other face shapes. But let’s face it: short, long, medium, pixie cuts, layers, bangs or no bangs – you can simply wear it all!
- While the “perfect” face shape is oval, not everyone is naturally graced with that. An “oval effect” can be achieved on almost any face shape with the right haircut, color treatment, and style.
Here’s some examples…
- The fullness of a “round” face can be narrowed by a longer, sleeker do that emphasizes length over width. Round faces can wear long hairstyles exceptionally well. Layers can be added to create softness and volume. The A-line bob, shorter in the back and longer toward the front, is another choice. This edgier haircut style can make the jaw appear narrower and even emphasize cheekbones.
- On the other hand, if your face shape is long, a long hairstyle will make your face appear even longer. Medium-length haircut styles with soft layers to create a rounded appearance can look beautiful on this longer face shape.
- Heart-shape-faced gals tend to have pointy chins. A haircut that draws attention to the eyes and cheekbones will help in balancing the features. Long hair with soft layers and side-swept bangs or even the short and sassy pixie hairstyle can look beautiful on this face shape.
- Color treatments–the skilled application of lights, darks, and highlights–can also help to achieve a look and feel of depth, volume, and dimension.
Bangs are like a great accessory!
Hairstyles with bangs look good on nearly every face shape. With a good cut, they can be hidden and swept to the side or brought out in styled perfection. There are many variations including straight-across bangs, blunt bangs, jagged bangs and side-swept bangs. Bangs will customize any haircut and bring a wow-factor to the finished look.
Hier & Haines Salon, where exceptional quality meets exceptional service!